One company prepares client’s for a flooding emergency using both flood protection services and custom-made products to match their flood risk evaluation.
Flood Risk America (FRA) is a proactive Flood Risk Management company specializing in thorough evaluation and reporting of flood risks throughout the United States and Canada. This training program emphasizes the conceptual elements of flooding, how to prevent, mitigate, prepare, and recover from an emergency flooding situation. Some of the goals of this new state accredited program is listed below.
To educate participants on the following concepts:
· FEMA standards/Definitions
· Preparation for Flooding Emergency
· Flood Assessment
· Emergency Plan
· Flood Mitigation Measures
· Pre, During, Post Flood Interventions
· Federal Grant Funding
At the end of this training program, participants will be able to:
· Define conceptual elements of flooding and FEMA standard codes
· Understand the elements of a flood and vulnerability assessment
· Create an emergency plan
· Comprehend the available dry and wet flood proofing mitigation measures
· State the known interventions before, during, and after a flooding emergency
· Comprehend the available funding for flood mitigation solutions
By creating this Flood Mitigation Training Program, we hope to encourage the safety and education of the potential of a flooding emergency and to better prepare individuals for natural disasters such as hurricanes and the flooding effects associated with them.